Cashmaster Works at Speed to Ensure Quick Service Can Continue.
Wendy's International is the world’s third largest hamburger restaurant chain. At a Quick Service Restaurant, efficiency is key but cash handling, while critical, eats into time. Wendy’s asked Cashmaster to offer solutions to reduce the time that management and cashiers spend handling cash at their restaurants.
Cashmaster set up an equipment testing pilot in company restaurants, scalable to roll-out to the entire Wendy system.
Wendy's specific requirements:
- Provide cash scale equipment robust and reliable enough for a QSR environment.
- Ability to interface with POS systems for future technology expansion.
- A proven and measured reduction in time spent handling cash.
- Seamless national roll-out, integrating with training systems and customer support.
- ROI of twelve months or less.
Cashmaster Delivered Unexpected Benefits: Time Savings and Loss Prevention
The initial aim of the project was to reduce management time counting cash. Cashmaster equipment was indeed successful in:
- Saving of around one hour per day on this function
AS WELL AS
- Reducing time cashiers needed to count, register and bank off their tills.
- Shrinking loss from scams by customers claiming to be short-changed by operators. Cashmaster equipment allows a manager to accurately count down a register in under a minute and resolve any disputes swiftly.
Wendy's worked with our Cashmaster Distributor and stated:
"The training and functionality of the scales are simple and efficient. Once trained on the use of scales, managers were reluctant to revert back to any type of manual system".
All Wendy's corporate stores and the majority of franchisee stores now have Cashmaster Sigma 170 and Omega 230 cash counting machines, which have become part of the standard equipment package.